Terms and Conditions swimming lesson Your Personal Swim Coach
This page details important notes which relate to the swimming lessons offered at several different venues by the swim school “Your Personal Swim Coach”. By booking or attending a swim lesson and/or course with Your Personal Swim Coach you automatically accept these terms and conditions and they be part of the contract between you and the school. Please ensure that you follow the general swimming pool rules and/or any rules that are specific to a particular pool. We reserve the right to vary these terms and conditions at any time.
All customers are expected to abide by the terms and conditions laid out below. In the unlikely event of failing to do so, a customer may be requested not to continue lessons with Your Personal Swim Coach. A refund will not be eligible under these circumstances. Please read these carefully before booking or starting your lesson and/or course.
- Swimming School ‘Your Personal Swim Coach’ is registered in the commercial registry of the Chamber of Commerce of the Hague, under number 56502109.
- Swimming School ‘Your Personal Swim Coach’ has a tax Administration identification number: NL 1753637171B01.
Risk and Health
- All students are obliged to fill in the registration form regarding their health conditions which may concern and/or affect the swimming lesson and/or course.
- All relevant historical background needs to be mentioned.
- Attendance at the swimming lesson and/or course is at your own risk
- Your Personal Swim Coach needs to be in the possession of at least one phone number in case of an accident.
- Your Personal Swim Coach has an indemnity insurance at AEGON; 702893109.
Safety and general rules
- You are responsible for your own safety, actions, and behavior on any part of the swimming pool property including the changing area.
- Shoes must be removed before entering the poolside or overshoes worn.
- Safety for all is our paramount concern and we have the right to remove anyone on, in or around the pool who gives us any concern whatsoever with regard to safety.
- You must not run or act inappropriately once within the pool vicinity. We shall not be responsible for any injury/accident caused as a result of you or other students disobeying these rules.
- Your Personal Swim Coach does not accept liability for sickness, personal injury or death of any participants unless directly caused by the proven negligence of the company or its employees. Organizers providing the facility and their servants are under no liability whatsoever in respect of personal injuries, loss or damage to property whilst attending any Your Personal Swim Coach lesson and/or course.
Reference Swimming education
- Your Personal Swim Coach follows the basic Dutch ABC Swimming Guidelines of the National Platform Pools in the Netherlands | NRZ
- The swim school does not offer official Dutch ABC diplomas but offers Your Personal Swim Coach certificates which are based on the same norms and standards.
All new students will start with a noncommittal Try-Out lesson in one of our shallow water pool locations, unless they are advanced swimmers.
- New members will benefit of this Try-Out fee only once.
- The Try-Out lesson fee must be paid prior to the date of the booked lesson, by bank transfer.
- Based on the Try-Out lesson the instructor will discuss his/her observations and will make a proposal for continuation and estimated time needed to achieve the personal goals of the student.
- By signing the Your Personal Swim Coach registration form the student will enroll for fixed weekly lessons (either once or twice a week).
- The student registration will remain in effect until the student notifies in writing at least one week in advance his or hers cancellation.
- All students will receive a personal log-in code by email, to access their personal online student account after signing the Your Personal Swim Coach registration document (See point 6 for further explanation).
- The participation fee will be due after receipt of the invoice every month and must be paid by IDEAL. Payment must be made in full within 7 days of receiving an invoice. Personal Swim Coach does not accept any liability for bank charges you may incur.
Student tracking system: Zwemscore
- Webpage: https://personalswimcoach.zwemscore.nl/
- Zwemscore allows you to;
- o Follow your progress and feedback after each lesson
- o Organize your payments
- o Cancel and reschedule lessons
Cancellation and reschedule lessons
- To cancel or reschedule a single lesson without cost, you have to log in to your personal Zwemscore account and take needed actions. This can be done up to 24 hours before the scheduled lesson starts. We always try to be as flexible as possible within our operational constraints. You can request to change your lesson time, day, or pool and we will endeavour to accommodate your request, subject to a space being available.
- Cancelling or rescheduling a lesson and/or course by email, phone or verbally is not possible.
- Cancellation within 24 hours is on your own costs. Your Personal Swim Coach does not have the possibility to reschedule your lesson with such a short notice seeing that payments for renting the pool and of the instructors are already made. This is the only way the school is able to offer the highest level of instruction in small groups.
Lesson cancellation by management
We will make every effort not to cancel a lesson but the management has the right to alter the time of a lesson and/or course when necessary, in case of staff sickness, essential pool maintenance or pool closure or any other unforeseen circumstance. Such circumstances are referred to as ‘Force Majeure’. In such a case no refund will be issued. We shall give you as much notice as possible of any such cancellation. We shall not be liable for any losses of any kind incurred by you as a result of such cancellation.
Payment lesson/course fee
- The Try-Out lesson fee must be paid only once, prior to the date of the booked lesson, by bank transfer.
- This authority will remain in effect until the student notifies the cancellation in writing at least four weeks in advance.
- The student will be charged for every scheduled lesson according to the Zwemscore system. Only lessons which are canceled through the Zwemscore system at least 24 hours in advances won’t be charged (see point 7 for more explanation). Payment must be made in full within 7 days of receiving an invoice.
- All personal information of our students will be treated with respect to privacy and will not be shared with third parties unless Your Personal Swim Coach is forced to act otherwise according to the law.
- At times our instructors may take photographs and/or tape at our venues, which may be used for marketing and promotional purposes on our website and/or Facebook page and not only. In case a student is recognizable on a picture, their approval will be asked before publishing at all times.
- The content of all of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice. Neither Your Personal Swim Coach nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and material may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or material on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Your Personal Swim Coach´s prior written consent.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Unauthorized use of this website or any content therein may give rise to a claim for damages against you and /or may be a criminal offense.
Rules of conduct at the swimming facility
- Swimming school Your Personal Swim Coach and its students are guests at each of the hired locations at all times. We all need to act and behave according to the rules of the facilities and have to comply with all instructions given by the staff of the location.
- All other guests and staff at site should be treated with respect and not be bothered in any case by our presence. This includes the period prior and after the lesson.
- In the event of a swimmer, parent, guardian, sibling or other associate refusing to obey an instruction from a member of staff, behaving in an unruly manner towards a member of staff or any other person, or causing damage to pool premises or any of the furniture fixtures or equipment in those premises, the swimmer shall not be permitted to continue with the lessons. Your Personal Swim Coach shall then have the right to terminate the contract without further notice and without being required to offer any credit or refund to the swimmer and the swimmer shall not be accepted for any future course organized by the company.
Valuables and Jewellery
- Your Personal Swim Coach will not accept liability for the loss of or damage to any personal effects brought to any session and you are therefore requested to ensure that no valuable items are brought to the swimming lessons.
- All property left at any Your Personal Swim Coach venue whether it is in a changing room, on poolside, left in entrance halls or outside, is done so at your own risk. Your Personal Swim Coach cannot accept any responsibility for the loss or damage of any personal belongings.
- Please ensure you do not bring valuable objects and/or belongings when attending Your Personal Swim Coach courses. Your Personal Swim Coach cannot accept liability for lost, stolen or damaged items. We shall not be liable for any loss or theft of your personal possessions and all property left by you in changing rooms, the car park or anywhere else on or in the vicinity of our venues is done so at your own risk.
Your Personal Swim Coach is fully committed to delivering the highest standards of teaching, coaching. If you are not entirely satisfied with the service we provide we would like to hear about it. If we become aware of any problem while you are still attending a course or activity, we will aim to resolve this at an early stage. You can be assured that any complaint will be taken very seriously and treated with the utmost professionalism.
Dutch Law shall govern these terms and conditions and you agree that any disputes shall be resolved exclusively by the Dutch Courts.